YZ250 high rev. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Dirtbikes and Off-Road Motorcycles > Dirtbike Lounge

Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2001, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast

Berg84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default YZ250 high rev.

My yz250 engine likes to rev up after it get's warm. I can't tell when it starts to do it until I pull the clutch after a while. It seems like something is stuck after it warms up?? Any ideas? It hasn't been running well lately either.

Girls Rule,
When they SUCK!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2001, 08:20 PM
Pooh-Bah

98Warrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: YZ250 high rev.

hmm could be an air leak

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-13-2001, 10:10 PM
Enthusiast

Air leak as in with the carb.?

Girls Rule,
When they SUCK!
Old 09-14-2001, 01:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, she's a runnin' lean, man. Question is, where all d'ya figure it's coming from? Hey, maybe if you change your post signature to something a little more decent, your carb will start suckin' right, ardey arr arr.........

Old 09-14-2001, 07:51 AM
Frog

if its a 250f,mine revs up too when its been idling over for a while,thats how i know its warm and right to ride.just back the idle off a bit if its too high with the black screwy knob under the carb.if shes a two banger it might have an air leak like the others said.look at crank seals and bearings,reed block and gaskets,maybe even base gasket or carb manifold.not sure if a header pipe leak might affect running.
c.u.

my missus reckon that bikes have taken over my life,i told her you havent lived til youve got a bike.
Old 09-14-2001, 07:04 PM
Enthusiast

I'm not talking a little bit higher rev. it runs as if I have the throttle pinched. It seems like something is sticking in the carb. I can drive it when it's like this but I have to shift very fast so that it dosen't have any time to start to rev up.

Girls Rule,
When they SUCK!
Old 09-15-2001, 07:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

maybe your throttle cable is stuck....or maybe its the floats...in your carb maybe they are stuck open. Take the carb off look at it completly and check the floats and everything. Maybe the jets are off. Check for air leaks like everyone says

hoooooooooooooooooonnnnnnn daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement