KDX 200 engine in a 125 frame?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Dirtbikes and Off-Road Motorcycles > Dirtbike Lounge

Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2000, 03:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default KDX 200 engine in a 125 frame??

Hey folks.. can anyone give me some info about this? I have been looking for a decent used KDX200 and I keep stubling upon people talking about putting the KDX engine into KX frames. But I can't find any info on actually doing it.. can anyone help me out?

Thanks!
Morgan

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2000, 03:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: KDX 200 engine in a 125 frame??

why would you do this, you could easily save time and money by porting a 250 or 125 adding a flywheel weight, and changing the pipe to make it a more low mid than high rev bike. as to why u woul;d struggle to put a 200 engine in is beyond me, maybe im crazy ????? wouldnt be the first time

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-15-2000, 03:17 PM
Pooh-Bah

AirBornBanshee is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry man...i dont have any...I am not sure the mounts will match up either...that is the whole key to it....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
Old 08-15-2000, 03:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where there's a will...I got a buddy that grafted a XR engine into a YZ frame...go figure. Shortly thereafter they came out with the 400F hmmmmm.

RoosteR
I love the smell of two-stroke in the morning.....
Old 08-15-2000, 03:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i can see that cause your gettin the better suspension with four stroke power and reliabilty. you alreadt can transform the bike hes talking about

Old 08-15-2000, 09:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok, first give jeff fredette a call. He's done this many times and says it makes the ultimate bike. I think he usually uses kdx220 motors, but it will be the same with a 200. If you can't find his # in the back of every bike magazine, try JustKDX. They have a fredette website. Http://justkdx.dirtrider.net If you own a kdx and haven't seen this page, you are really missing something

Old 08-16-2000, 10:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

YZ.. the KDX is actually a 2 stroke.

I am thinking that the benefit is great low end from the KDX engine with most of the handling of the KX and the better suspension. Plus the KDXs are famous for being a fairly small (cc wise) bike but easily hang out and being competitive with bikes all the way up to 4 or 500cc.

Old 08-16-2000, 10:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

what i was saying is the xr motor(4 stroke) makes sense going into the yz frame(light and small better suspension). but taking a 220 two stroke and putting it into a 250 two stroke frame doesnt make sense to me. why u wouldnt just put a flywheel weight, port, put a torque pipe, light and other misc goods to the existing 125 or 250. this would be cheaper and easier if u ask me. but that is my opinion, maybe the kdx has a gearing advantage i dont know. just seems like u could do alot more with an existing bike

Old 08-16-2000, 09:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Most people use kx125 frame. It's smaller and lighter than the 200/220. 250 frame would probably be a bad idea.

Old 08-16-2000, 11:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm Pretty Sure TY Davis has or had a KX125 with a KDX Motor in it....I Read about in some DB Mag....But I've still got the fold-out that show's him rippin on it so I know It has/Can be done....I dunno, Says it's a great bike..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement