What year CR500 had the most HP... 86? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Dirtbikes and Off-Road Motorcycles > Dirtbike Lounge

Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2000, 01:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default What year CR500 had the most HP... 86?

No this is not one of those how fast does it go questions. From you CR500 guys I need to know what year CR500 was the real nasty one, was it 1986? I am considering buying a 86 to build a hillclimber. Thanks...

1999 KTM 200 MXC
1991 KTM 250 EXC
1989 ATK 250 MX
1979 HD Sportster
197? HD 250 SX
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2000, 10:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: What year CR500 had the most HP... 86?

85 was the nastiest, I had an 86 but sold it this year and bought a 2000 KX500. It makes my CR look like an old ladies bike. The CR made relatively low power on the bottom end (no power valves on CR's) so I bought a "fatty" pipe and put on a FMF RadValve and it helped a lot. But it still doesn't compare to the responsiveness of the KX.
If you do go with the CR, buy yourself a good set of boots, I wore a hole in my Tech Eights after one year of kick starting.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement