Honda crf 100 no spark - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Dirtbikes and Off-Road Motorcycles > Dirtbike Lounge

Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2005, 06:07 PM
JimGarvin1

Default Honda crf 100 no spark

I bought my son a 2004 Honda crf 100 a few months ago, well about a week ago he was riding it and it died, we got it home and started checking it out. We found it had no spark at all. I do not know much about dirt bikes so i was hoping someone could tell me what to check for. Thank for any help.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Kyron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Honda crf 100 no spark

Did you buy it new?

The key is in the on position?

Did you try a new plug?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-23-2005, 11:08 AM
pinnit

Plug Fouled
Old 03-23-2005, 06:11 PM
JimGarvin1

No i bought it used only had about 10 hrs on it, and yes the key is on, and i put a new plug in it and it still get no fire,i can hold the spark plug while my son kicks it over and nothing,i have been told it could be the stator but now one i have talked has ever seen one go out with out some type of warning, thank for you help in this matter.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:18 PM
BlackBlazerTD

Check the kill switch and its wiring. Check the coil too. Make sure there aren't any lose wires dangling or bad contacts.
I see stuff like this all the time. I'm a mechanic at a Ducati, MV Agusta, and Yamaha dealership. Its probably just a lose wire or bad contact.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:16 PM
JimGarvin1

Found the promblem, the chain had come off one time and broke a small chunck out of the cover, and it got jammed in the eletronics which would not allow it to fire, Thanks for all the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement