83 Kawasaki KL 250 questions? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Dirtbikes and Off-Road Motorcycles > Dirtbike Lounge

Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2002, 02:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default 83 Kawasaki KL 250 questions?

I just bought an 83 KL 250. I bought the bike cheap but not in running order. The bike has good compression, and a strong spark but wont fire. The cylinder is getting gas but the bike just wont fire? Any ideas. Also what weight oil should I use in the crankcase? Thanks for your help.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2002, 12:27 PM
Old Hand

Brianklx300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 83 Kawasaki KL 250 questions?

Check the plug, is it wet after you try to start it? If so and it's not a new plug, change it, if not, check to make sure gas is getting in. Are you using the correct procedure for starting your 4 stroke? Might have to take the carb off and clean it. Check for any inline filters that may be clogged. Take a look in the airbox and make sure air can get in, no air, no fire. Try to get a copy of the manual for your bike. There are a few other guys here that can probably offer better information. Good luck.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-19-2002, 04:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I checked the air filter its good to go. I also checked to see if its getting gas and it is? The spark is strong! I guess my next step is the carb? Ill take it apart and clean it up and see. Ill also have to get a shop manual for my bike. thanks for your help.
Old 05-20-2002, 02:59 PM
Old Hand

Forgot to address the oil question. My KLX manual states 10w40. Good luck.
Old 05-22-2002, 08:09 PM
Old Hand

Don't forget to let us know what you find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement