Volkswagen building V12 TDI Touareg Trophy Truck - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Diesel Tech Diesel-powered discussions, all makes and models of 4x4's.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Just Plain Need A Life

Volkswagen building V12 TDI Touareg Trophy Truck

by Sam Abuelsamid

Off-road racing team Arciero-Miller Racing is preparing a new Volkswagen Touareg Trophy Truck for the SCORE International Racing Series. The new Touareg TDI is being propelled by the new 6.0L V-12 that will be used in the production Audi Q7 V-12 TDI later this year.

The new truck is a tube frame design currently by built by Arciero-Miller specifically for the SCORE Trophy Truck class. Volkswagen is creating a body patterned after the body style of the Touareg. The body will be about a foot longer than the production SUV.

The V-12 power-plant is based on the 60 degree V-angle block that has been shown in Audi Q7 and R8 concepts in 2007 and 2008. The engine used in the Audi R10 TDI Le Mans prototype uses a 90 angle between the banks of the block.

Aside from the block configuration, the two engines share much of the same technology including high pressure common rail injection and piezo electric injectors.

The Touareg Trophy Truck will debut sometime this fall. Drivers Ryan Arciero and Mark Miller will compete in the Baja 1000 with the Touareg V-12 TDI in November 2008. Arciero and Miller have previously won the diesel class at the Baja 500 with a 2.5L five cylinder Touareg TDI and the Pikes Peak Hill Climb with a 5.0L V-10 powered version.

THE DIESEL FORECAST: APRIL 2008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Novice

This is Volkswagens entrant in this weekend's Baja 1000: a spaceframe-chassis Touareg TDI with 75 cm of suspension travel competing in the top-dog Trophy Truck class and utilizing an oil-burning V12 with nearly 550 hp. That's a long way from the first VW win in 1967 that came courtesy of a VW Beetle converted into one of the soon-to-be-ubiquitous dune monsters. Driver Mark Miller won the Baja 500 last year in the first Race Touareg. Aided by helicopters and eight support vehicles, we'll find out on Sunday if he and navigator Ryan Arciero can take The Big One this ye
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 11:29 PM

damn i miss this kind of events! i wish there is something like this again for 2012! i wanna see volkswagen again in action! my long time favorite! i really love seeing volkswagen parts that are still on sale today especially if that is for the late models of it.

Last edited by nbaker; 01-21-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode