ORC is done - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
BBS Changes - General Discussion Please discuss topics related to System upgrades and changes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

ORC is done

I see thanks to all the wonderful changes (NOT) I see nobody posts here anymore for the most part. Thanks guys. Real great job of killing a web site. Enjoy touching yourselves, it's obvious to me that that is all you really want to do, because you shure as hell don't want people using or visiting the forums. Congradulations on the job poorly done.

Now I will head over to JeepsUnlimited because there seems to be a LOT of action there and thier forums arn't bugged, virused, their search works and/or they haven't done what this site has to drive people away.

Was fun while it lasted.

90 XJ 4.0 lift 4 1/2", 31 x 10 1/2 MT's
First piece of advice, free,
My opinion, free,
F'n with my family, YOUR LIFE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Sorry you feel that way. I'm open to help make changes and have been working hard to try and make things better. Without much input from anybody than we often don't know what step to take next.

I'm very glad we run vBulletin now and it will only get better as the developers at Jelsoft make it more interactive. Not sure why you think we wouldn't want people to visit the forums or use them. From what I can recall this site has been online stable and ready for use 24/7 since the software switched over...With the exception of one day that I recall.

The team at Advanstar works hard to be sure the forums here at ORC are virus free so I don't appreciate the false claims on that. As a matter of fact I offered to help you on my own personal time a while back to get you all straightened out if I remember correctly.

As for bugged software...If you mean glitchs and stuff...Well it's only as good as the person that programmed it over at Jelsoft I suppose...BUT 90% of the major forums online run (GUESS WHAT) vBULLETIN!!! So that means all the other forums must be bugged as well right? As for the search engine...Do you remember using the old software and that search engine at all??? IT PLAIN SUCKED! The vBulletin engine is awesome and pulls up some pretty cool results...If you are having issues with immediate searchs you can always click advanced and go into more detail with datelines and all kinds of stuff.

What kind of things do you think drive people away from this site? If we don't know than we can't remedy the situation.

At any rate, I'm not here to bash you, make you upset or anybody else here...I'm just some ORC user just like you that happens to know alot about the software they switched to and I'm helping out on my spare time to take care of it and try to make a difference...I don't work for ORC so I'm pretty much on your side of the fence but I believe i can help make a difference and through me you guys can help too if your willing.

Anyways, I hate to see long time users go..Thanks for all your posts and hope to see you around somewhere...Again if you can take the time to do so let me know what you think can make ORC better...Even if you don't want to post here you can PM me to talk privately.

Thanks for your time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode