Private Messages - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
BBS Changes - General Discussion Please discuss topics related to System upgrades and changes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Way Outta Control

Private Messages

If you all look in your Inboxes you'll see that you're private messages have reappeared, even the ones that were deleted.

I found my Inbox full (about 700 messages). You may want to go in and clear them out. The new forum software gives you the ability to save the messages a number of ways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Mud in my Veins

Great. How do we turn off the automatic subscription to every thread we view???
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 10:49 PM
I am in the CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
Great. How do we turn off the automatic subscription to every thread we view???

go to your user CP then edit options and set:

Default Thread Subscription Mode

That should do it.

2007 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT Mega Cab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 01:05 AM
Mud in my Veins

Something is screwy - when I updated all my settings just before that previous post, I had it set to NOT subscribe. But even threads I only viewed were added to the subscription list, which is why I posted above. However, when I checked just now, it was set to instant e-mail, but I haven't gotten any e-mails from this BBS in years.

I've got it turned off now, though.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Keyboard Implanted

You can't shut off subscribtions, you can only subscribe and unsubscribe. By replying to a post you are automatically subscribed to that thread and the default setting in your user control panel (edit options section) will apply. i.e. if your default is instant email notification than you would get emails notifying you that the threads have replys to them.

So if you don't want emails simply do as Dean stated and shut it off. It's User Control Panel/Edit Options/Messaging and Notification/Default Thread Subscription Mode - "your setting"

Now, lets say you already have 20 threads you are subsribed to and it's set to email all them because that was your old default...what you need to do is go back to User CP and you will see all new threads subscribed to in the main body...
1) Click View all Subscribed Threads near the bottom right of the body.
2) Under the Notification Tab if it states None then your good otherwise select the threads you need to change, to select all use the check box all the way at the top and it will do all at the same time.
3) Now scroll to the bottom of the page to "Selected Threads" hit the drop menu and set it to No Email Notifications and hit GO!

Your done, so for now on you will not be notified. However lets say a thread is very important to you and it's urgent for you to get answers to your posts...You check your email more frequent or can't get on the board but got email...During one of your replys you can set the notification just for this one thread to sent emails if you would like...This does not work with quick reply just regular. If you forget to do it just go into User CP again and follow the above instructions to find it then just set it to send email instead of your default of No emails.

Hope this makes more sense.

Last edited by mudrunner88; 02-28-2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: More detailed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode