Pictures and the ORC BBS - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
BBS Changes - General Discussion Please discuss topics related to System upgrades and changes here.

View Poll Results: Where do you want to have a fall bash at
YES 11 50.00%
NO 0 0%
YES 11 50.00%
NO 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Pictures and the ORC BBS

I just thought I would put up a post to point out a small fact that no one of ANY AUTHORITY, either on the BBS forums or in all of OFF-Road.com, cared to inform us of. They no longer provide the ability for us to up-load images to include in our posts nor for the purpose of avatars or any images of any sorts for that matter. So ALL PRIOR POSTS that had images on the ORC image server included in them for the purpose of showing others what you were talking about or showing mods or anything are GONE FOREVER

Thanks for letting us know ADMINS, we apreciate the HARD work you do NOT telling us whats going on.

I discovered this by accident as I was looking for some other info in the FAQ's (I am sure most of us read that the first few times we were here and then, like I, haven't looked at it since. It is listed in the FAQ's under "How do I add an image to my message?" States there that "In order to add an image to your message or your signature, you must have the image already available on a web server."

IT DID NOT USED TO SAY THAT, but nobody wanted to come forward and let anyone know about, weak.

Am I mad, not at all, I now want to start a request to have EVERYTHING up to this year DELETED since a good majority of the usefullness of the site is gone and most posts up to now that refer to mods and tech are going to be useless without the pics that were included in them.

My opinion of the new owners of Off-road.com

L O S E R S

Thank u for your attention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Pictures and the ORC BBS

A few of us from the Toyota SUVs & Trucks are really frustrated about this. We had a Weber tuning thread going for months with lots of fantastic photos, charts and advice, and now it's gone.

I would have liked to have had some warning so that I could at least have printed the thread first or created a pdf file for distribution, but now all that information is gone.

Do you have any idea how much of our time we spent on that thread?
Now it is a complete waste since there are no pictures.

I am sure we are not alone. That is but a single instance from our board alone.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 12:17 PM

It seems the pictures are all back. I would like to thank the mods and or owners for getting that back up, without them this site would have lost all the great in depth info that they helped explain, along with many dedicated members. Many which have already left or joined other sites because of this. I hope they will all return.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

WELL HOLY CRAP WILL MIRICLES NEVER CEASE!!!!!!!
I tend to gripe when something happens that I don't like, but don't often have the thing I am unhappy about actually corrected. I must say whole hartedly "Thank You" to whoever is responsible for fixing this travesty. We, ALL the members who have used, use, and will use these boards, thank you all very much. And if this was an issue of money, please in the future come to "US" the members and let us know before changing something like this as it can have huge repercusiions to the boards and memberships here. Thank you all once again for keeping this the BEST web site, for off-roaders, on the entire net. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Yeah but Gnarls4x4 is still looking for "spinnerman"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode