System Upgrade - Post All Bugs Here! - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
BBS Changes - General Discussion Please discuss topics related to System upgrades and changes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Enthusiast

Re: System Upgrade - Post All Bugs Here!

Hello. Im from the mid-size Jeep board.
Besides no longer having my mid-size forum listed on my home page so I have to take steps to get to it, and no longer having the quantity of unread/new posts/threads are my main issues. Speed seems to be OK. I havent tried a post full of pictures (very slow dial up!). So far I have had to review all the dates under each thread to try and determin If I may have read a post.
The other issue I have is that as a thread opens, my page jumps directly to the bottom to the "quick reply" box.

I use FireFox 1.0, not IE.

So there are my 2 cents!

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I posted this in the SWB board as well but since this thread is dedicated to this I'll post it here as well.

I've always felt the search function left a little to be desired as it used to be...now I like it even less. There is a huge amount of information already out there that is being limited because of the new search function and newbies won't have easy access to it. I also have always wished that the search function was a little more complex. I'd like to search for certain topics by username. For instance, a post by Knifeboy2 (myself obviously as an example) about painting my Jeep. But in the search function I can only search by word or by username...not both. I also wish I could search for stuff between dates, or not newer than certain dates. I would like to search for info by a certain poster between two months ago and 4 months ago to see what they wrote. But if I want data from 4 months ago I have to choose to read everything newer than it first and go through the whole list of posts. I just think it leaves a lot to be desired and would be much more usefull and more likely to be used if it were easier to use. I understand it takes up a lot of disk space but this is a resource center and its like having a library where I can only see a few of the books that exist now, and if I don't see what I want I'll have to wait 5 minutes to look again and hope it shows up then. Just my nickles worth.
post #23 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 07:43 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Wow...what can I say? I like the new format but it is definately slower then ever now!!! All features seem to be working nicely though...just super slow on loading pages.

It has to be server issues and not software as it was slow before and its slow now. None of the other 12 forums I visit during the day are this slow.

Whats going on PJC????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 07:43 PM
Journeyman

Same here. That script error is getting to be very annoying.
post #25 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
pjc
Enthusiast

Don't know what to say. The system is lightning fast on my end. Even though I have FE to the co-lo cage across town, it should not matter the site is extremely fast.
post #26 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 08:48 AM
Keyboard Implanted

It definately is faster now as compared to my post about the speed.

Pat, how can I totally delete posts??? When I go into edit spam posts or the like, it only deletes the initial post and leaves all replys to that post. We used to be able to just delete the first post and it would remove it from the system. Can you check into this and get back to me???

Thanks!
post #27 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 10:40 AM
packrat

New to this forum. A little off topic, not much, why don't you have a classified section? No place to look for items being sold? The one thread for wanted items is ............... well, I hate to say it but, it sucks. Sorry no other way to describe it.
post #28 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Old Hand

I'm having a problem getting my favorite forums to show up on my home page. Any ideas?

Also, when I go to a forum, half of the links are highlighted in blue, but I can't seem to find any pattern to it... it makes it very difficult to read.

I apologize if these issues have already been brought up... I've been off of the net for a while but am back now, so I'm just noticing the changes...

Thanks for any help.
post #29 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Enthusiast

How come i am still a Newbie after 101 posts? Am I going to be a Newbie for life?
post #30 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 07:29 PM

jeff please get back to my emails, chad someone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode