vBulletin - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
BBS Changes - General Discussion Please discuss topics related to System upgrades and changes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2002, 10:21 PM
Pooh-Bah

Re: vBulletin

go to vbulletin
so many more features!

78 CJ7
Spring over 33's
4.3L V6, TH350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 12:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

like i stated above.. my only complaint about this.. is the speed.. it does seem to be alittle faster.. or should i say.. bogs down less often now..

would deleting some of the archives help any? i mean do we really need 180k topics on the swb board in archives?

also limit sig lines/pics... or just get rid of them.. we do have profiles..

i dont think it can be the amount of people using this.. check who's online and there are not that many people on there.. so what is slowing this down?
it's even slow at 4 a.m. eastern time.. heck.. there cant be many online then???

http://www.jeepgod.net

<font color=orange>If you are allergic to lead, it is best to avoid a war zone</font color=orange>
post #23 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 12:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I have been cracking down on the signature pictures. 10K recommended with 15K maximum.

Chad
chad@dcautocenter.com
http://dcautocenter.com
'84 Extra Cab, 7" Skyjacker, 5.29's, Detroit, Hybrid, etc..etc..etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 07:13 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Eliminating pics in sigs would greatly increase speed. Make it an option in the profile. Limit pic posting to "on-demand" - not embedded pics. Why eliminate text sigs when they only take max 400 bytes? The largest (new) sig pic is 30 times that size. I'm glad I have DSL - I'd stop visiting this board if I had to watch everyone's "what bolt is this" pic load.

I do like the simplicity, but hate the searches. You can't search by poster AND keyword, unless their name is in the sig. This is helpful when you're researching a common topic and know that Joe Schmoe posted the answer you're looking for. Now you have to weed through either all the keyword hits or username hits.

85 CJ-7:
Locked D44 F/R with 4.56 gears
4" springs with shackles
36" TSL Radials
Hella Rallye 4000s
'94 ZJ:
2" lift and 31" BFG ATs
3" Flowmaster and K&N intake
post #25 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 04:44 PM
Old Hand

Just don't do away with it entirely... The ability for people to post pictures that demonstrate what they are talking about is invaluable! The old days of BBS's where people tried to draw things out with ASCII characters really sucked... especially if you were trying to diagram an engine bay. It's also nice to be able to see the pics of someone's rig... though perhaps maybe some decent room in the profile (instead of the silly postage stamp) to post a picture of your ride would be a better idea. It would keep people from posting their pic over and over. (though I think most of us just post it to the "Test Stuff Here" board and link to it)

post #26 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 04:47 PM
Old Hand

As long as you guys take your time, and design a decent interface for it, I think it would be great. Nothing irritates me more than an interface that is too busy, which is one of the reasons I like it here. Visual appearance is mroe than half the battle. You can have the best back-end in the world, but if the interface you have to look at isn't well designed, no one will want to use it. (Sounds like a girl I met at the bar last friday... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img])

post #27 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
pjc
Enthusiast

So true!

Thanks for your comments.

Patrick J. Chicas

Rubicon Media Group, Inc. - Off-Road.com
post #28 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 07:39 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

It`s only an idea to look at but I venture into the Quadratec BB now and again to look at some specials and thier BB is wicked fast Patrick . It`s UltimateBB . Looks good and user friendly and very similar to wwwthreads . Speed is great . I dont notice any diff. when you unloaded a bunch of appz off the server . Maybe a problem with the server ?

<font color=black>Jeff [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] </font color=black>
post #29 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2002, 08:18 PM
bigwishlist

I like the simplicity of this board.And love the fact that there are no popups to ruin my computing time.

94,silverado,1500,Xcab,4x4,31x10.5R15 - 96 ZJ laredo 4x4 2"Lift,31x10.5R15 bfgAT/KO, k&n
post #30 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 06:39 AM
Enthusiast

It seems most of the members like wwwthreads, so could you just upgrade to the newest version of it, rather than switch? ColoradoK5 is running a (way) newer version (don't know for sure if it is the newest though) http://coloradok5.com and it has a lot of nice features (like choose your own background color, and fonts [without having to change your system fonts], a control panel where you can mark your favorite threads, and your favorite forums, and a lot more), plus it seems like it would be easier to upgrade rather than trying to switch to a different board system all together. Why not just upgrade?

<font color=purple>Jeff427</font color=purple>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode