2001 Honda 400ex suggestions? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Racing For discussion of ATV Racing. Results, race postings, preparations, riding tips!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

2001 Honda 400ex suggestions?

Ok so I just traded my 1999 Polaris sportsman 500 for a 2001 Honda 400ex. I am looking to get into racing, locally for now. The races are MX and they require the usual.

Anyways I already have a helmet and chest protector. I am still needing to get boots, tether kill switch and nerf bars.

Any suggestions?

Also any other upgrades I should look into?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 08:01 PM

2001 Honda 400ex suggestions?

I would go and work on the suspension; look on e-bay and see if you could get some 2+1 A Arms for the front and some used TRX 450R Shocks for the front of it and purchase a wider rear axle, and get your suspension/handling dialed in. Usually you can find some Lone Star A-Arms in good condition for under $300 and the 450R Front shocks usually go for about $200-$300 in good condition. I would also go w/ ITP holeshots on a .190 Alum. rim as well.
Once you get all that done I would go w/ a good full exhaust system from FMF, HMF or Yoshi, jet kit and an aftermarket air filter like K & N or twin air. Once you do all that you should be on your way to the racetrack and prepared in the process. Hope this helps you some...Harry
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Novice

400 EX Upgrades

I would go with AC Racing Nerf bars a little pricey but worth the money on fitment and installation.

I would suggest a stage one jet kit with the K&N air filter and maybe a slip exhaust. FMF makes some good ones.

Give our parts guys a call and they can hook you up tell them Rob in Finance said you could get 15% off your order.

Honda East Toledo Maumee, OH 1 (877) 437-1631

Later
Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 11:13 PM

suggest me too good one boots, helmet from whr to buy? n wud be for how much
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help guys. I've been doing some looking around and such. Swapped my 22" vampires out for the stock tires that came with it. Does much better than the big mud tires.

Also picked up a tether kill switch and put that on. Working on handlebars and clutch lever/perches this week.

Been looking at the 450r shocks, just waiting for a deal to come around. Hope to get some nerfs within the next two - three weeks or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode