Off Roading Forums banner

Ashley App in Serious Accident

4K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  writeforus 
#1 ·
This is a time where Public Relations are not fun and I absolutely hate to write these kind of releases....

WORCS Racer, Women A rider- Ashley App was involved in horrific ATV practice crash yesterday at a local private track near Bakersfield, Ca. Ashley apparently went over the bars where the ATV landed on her crushing her helmet, major head trama, major facial bone fractures. Ashley had been competing in this years WORCS series where she scored a 2nd in Phoenix in the Women's B class and moving up to Women's A at Adelanto where she finished 4th.

Ashely was medi-vac'd out to Kern Medical Center in Bakersfield, Ca where she is currently in a medically induced coma where she is suffering from swelling to the brain. The early Dr.s reports are Ashley is in bad shape and we are just going to have to wait and she where her progress is tommorow. Ashey will await some surgeries once stabilized.

I ask all of our WORCS racers and supporters to keep Ashely and her family in your prayers at this time.

Cards can be sent to:

Ashley App: 401 Taylor St, Taft; Ca: 93268

Jason Reed- WORCS Racing's Public Relations

See less See more
#2 ·
Update from Ashley App's mom

Ashley's mom posted this personal note to her yesterday (Easter Sunday) and
we are happy to be able to share it's hopeful news with you all -

MY BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL.....YOU OPENED YOUR EYES FOR MOMA TODAY IT WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL MOMENT....ITS SHIFT CHANGE AND I AM TAKING A BREAK TO SEND OUT NEWS ON YOUR CONDITION.....I AM SO PROUD OF YOU ...I MISS YOUR LONG DAILEY CONVERSATIONS BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT WE WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL VERY SOON..........GIVING THE DR A THUMBS UP SIGN WAS HUGE.....TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY YOU WILL HAVE YOUR PLASTIC SURGERY.....YOU ARE SO STONG.....WITH ALL MY LOVE MOMA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.