Washington MX Series - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > ATV Racing

ATV Racing For discussion of ATV Racing. Results, race postings, preparations, riding tips!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2003, 04:40 AM
AndreS

Default Re: Washington MX Series

thanks for posting this, i'll try to make a few of the rounds. do you know if we need any club memberships to run it?

congrats on the vegas to reno race. i'll PM a question i have for you about it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2003, 01:16 AM
Enthusiast

YoungGun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Washington MX Series

I don't see anything on the flier about having to have a memebrship.

I replied to your PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-25-2003, 06:44 PM
AndreS

Default NW ATV race organiztion?

i got your PM, but thought i'd post something & get your thoughts...

i've been going to, watching & racing in some ATV races here in the northwest over the last couple years. i'm not involved in any clubs or organizations right now but would join one if it helps peolpe know about events... that is, if it would help me know when events are taking place that interest me & helps the sport of ATV racing grow here in the NW.

what i've found is that no organization tracks the ATV events(competitive & not) around the NW (realistically). of the events i know about, ATV classes are seldom listed on flyers and word of them does not get around very well.. the result is few riders show up, sometimes not even enough to run one class.
i'd like to see more events for ATV's, but first you need better attendance at the events that are now being run.... how do you increase attendance if nobody knows about the events?
Old 07-27-2003, 03:49 AM
Enthusiast

Default Re: NW ATV race organiztion? *DELETED*

Post deleted by YoungGun
Old 07-27-2003, 04:46 AM
AndreS

Default Re: NW ATV race organiztion?

that's exactly my point. you gotta get the info out to the riders, racers & dealers in order to get attendance up...

i think it'd be great if a club or group would track all the events that involve ATV racing & events of all forms in the NW & help get the word out(or at least attempt to)... mailings, website, etc. they don't have to track points(way too much work)... just keep a calendar that defines event type, location, contacts, organizers, sanctioning groups, links, etc. the scope would focus on the NW, but also include some other events that would interest NW riders & racers... WORCS, ITP quadcross, etc

there are a couple ATV clubs with recreational focus that i know of in the western WA area. I don't believe it would be far fetched to think they might be interested in adding this info to thier website & mailings...
Old 07-28-2003, 02:36 PM
Enthusiast

Thats the hardest part is that most groups are going to be recreational and not want to send out stuff about races and things like that. There might be a few members in each club that are into racing, but not usually enough for the leaders to spend time making all this stuff about ATV racing.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:00 PM
AndreS

there is a flip side to the coin though...
the club/group that does it would probly be able to attract more members, & more sponsors... i'm sure a lot of rec riders occasionally think about racing but don't know where to start, also, parents that have kids that want to try racing need to be able to find a local race thier kids can run in... without searching for days and finding mosty dead ends. i know almost every racer also does recreational riding too.... gotta get seat time somewhere.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:21 AM
Enthusiast

Default Washington MX Series

I've just heard of a series called the Washington State Championship Series.The races will be all over Washington. To qualify for points quads have to run 4 of the 5 races. There are actually 7 races in the series, but no quads's at the last two.
August 9- Pacific Raceways
August 17- Mt. Baker
September 7- Mt. Baker
September 13&14- Horn Rapids ORV
September 21- Ward Creek*
September 28- Ward Creek*
* No Quads
It has 5 classes for quads. Quad 2-stroke Beg. & Sportsman
Quad 4-stroke Beg. & Sportsman
Blaster

We plan to be at the Horn Rapids ORV one, but most likely none of the others.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:21 AM
AndreS

Default Richland -Horn Rapids ORV- MX race

looks like things are going to work out for me to go richland the 13th & 14th. i should have my MX holeshots tomorrow.
younggun- are you going to be there still?

also, have you heard about the harescrambles they run there at horn rapids every fall & spring?
november 2 is the next one. it's a desert type race, lemans style start, very sandy trails, last time it was an 11 mile loop... either 2 or 4 lap race depending on what class you run. i took 3rd in the 250 class there twice(spring & fall 2002), now i have to run open class since i'm on a 300. the average turnout is 50-60 quads & steadily increasing each time. it's sponsored & run by the EWDRA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.