Off Roading Forums banner

TRX400EX 08' Top Speed and Handeling

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  scottsbackyardbistro 
#1 ·
I'm 42 and just got back into ATV's and Trail Riding (and a little cross as well). After a lot of online research I settled on the TRX400EX in fact I picked two 08's two weeks ago from my local Honda dealer for $3800.00 each (brand new). Anyways, I see a lot of people talking about top speed and just how the MPH was attained. I recently took my 400 for ride with my Garmin eTrex Vista H that has GPS tracking. On a 1 mile stretch of Florida hard packed orange clay road I was able to reach a top speed of 66.1 MPH, I was sitting straight up and weigh somewhere in the neighbor hood of 235 lbs. The bike never settled in, in other words it danced around the way through, after reaching about 40 MPH that is. And that's the handling part of this thread. Has any one tried to realign a 4 wheelers steering so that you don't have to fight it at high speeds on slick surfaces?

Oh and for the guy who said his stock 400 does 140 MPH cause you clocked next to your Dodge Dakota, BS. Like most auto's the Dakota's speedo is not accurate past 50 MPH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.