Another Starting Problem With a Yamaha Warrior 350 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > ATV Lounge

ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Ywarrior350

Default Another Starting Problem With a Yamaha Warrior 350

Hi, I have a 1994 Yamaha Warrior. It started perfect the first couple of days that I got it. About after the first week or so, it started clicking from the solenoid. So I got a brand new battery. Then it started up fine. But then a couple days after I got the new battery installed it started turning over really hard. It makes a really loud clunking noise, and it almost sounds like it is coming from the motor. I cant figure out what it is. The motor just turns and turns, but it still just keeps clunking away. After I monkey around with it for a while it eventually starts. But before it starts it still always clunks. What is it! And what can I Do About IT!! Please help,,,George
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2007, 06:32 PM
OffroadRandy

Default Re: Another Starting Problem With a Yamaha Warrior 350

OK this could be a big problem cause i had the same problem on my 92. Take the cam cover off its on the left hand side of the motor it has two allen screws take it off and u should see a gear and chain crank it over while looking at it it should stay nice and straight if it dosent pm me.

OFFROADRANDY
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Ywarrior350

Default Re: Another Starting Problem With a Yamaha Warrior 350

Dear OFFROADRANDY,

Before I rip the motor apart I would really like to know if thats what it is or not? And if you are sure thats what the clunking is from should I have a mechanic do it or is it easy enough for me to do????
Old 03-12-2007, 12:06 PM
94350X

I just picked up a 94 warrior and it has this same noise. It runs great, has a little ticking in the topend like it needs the valves adjusted, otherwise it is great. Randy, on this starting noise are thinking the timimg chain tensioner is not holding or what do you believe is causing the noise? It sounds bad kinda like the starter is loose and jumping around, I was going to look into it this week so if you have any input it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Brian
Old 03-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Dunerookie

when I had my '01 warrior the heavy clunking sound was my crank...but of course it also seized my top end too......
Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Stranger

WSLM.BOARDER is on a distinguished road
Default Starter Clutch

In my experience with Warriors, the starter clutch will make lots of bad noises for about a year or even 2. Then the bike will intermittently not start along with the horrible noises. The starter clutch is a one way bearing that stops the engine from spinning backwards, this fails and prevents the engine from making complete rotations while starting! The cheapest I found that part was $60 at CheapCycleParts.com | Order Honda Parts,Kawasaki Parts,KTM Parts,Polaris Parts,Suzuki Parts,Yamaha Parts online. I would disassemble the bike before ordering parts because there are some gears that can be missing teeth, that would need to be replaced. I hope this helps someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.