Yamaha Warrior 350 starting problems - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > ATV Lounge

ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2006, 02:39 PM
cooperhouse2004

Default Yamaha Warrior 350 starting problems

Hello, for some reason my Warrior wont start. I have checked all the connections from the battery to the starter and wirebrushed them all. When i try to start the engine i get a very fast clicking from the soleniod, this may be normal, i dont know as the engine ussally overpowers that noise. It may be the starter also, as when i try to bypass the soleniod with a screw driver pretty much teh same thing happens. I have checked that the engine isnt seized by putting teh rear on blocks and teh transmission in 6th gear, i can turn over the engine. Do any of you have any ideas on what could be wrong, or how to fix the starter/soleniod? oh i should also add that this is machine isnt even 2 years old, its a 2004 that i bought during that summer. Thanks, any help would be greatly appriciated, DAVE
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2006, 04:21 PM
the4wheeler

Default Re: Yamaha Warrior 350 starting problems

sounds like you have a dead battery if you have a good charger throw it on for a bit then see if she cranks
proably gona need a new battery if it goes dead agan thay usuall dont come back to life to well after being discharged
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:02 PM
KReeD

It sounds like the battery is too weak. If possible, borrow a battery from someone and see if it works.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:49 PM
cableguy6787

Im having the same problem I bought a new battery and it still wont run
Old 09-17-2006, 01:41 PM
kingspade78

yeah, I've got the same problem. Brand new battery! When I try to start I get a clicking sound that is coming from the rear left side. Either the little black box on the under-backside of the batt. compartment, or the little sylinoid on the left side of the batt compartment. I suppose it could be the starter froze up, but the irratic clicking noize is coming from one of the previous mentioned parts. If anyone has any info it would help out great. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Stranger

Sword_of_Spirit is an unknown quantity at this point

Talk to Yamaha and have them check their database for any similiarly occuring issues. May have a recall if it has something to do with electrical system. Also could be free to fix if it is further checked out at Yamaha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.