Baja Motorsports - wilderness 250 / 90 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > ATV Lounge

ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2005, 04:24 PM
jimscott111

Default Baja Motorsports - wilderness 250 / 90

Greetings all - (am a newbie) Question for anyone on these rigs - they are so inexpensive that I am thinking about buying one for myself and my son - just to cruise around (no racing or hard core stuff) but may take the 250 hunting on occasion.

From the school of "get what you pay for" I'm a bit nervous about how inexpensive they are and want to make sure my son's first experience into motorsports is a good one - been looking around but can't find any real feedback on Baja Motorsports ATV's - any current or past experiences in buying/owning either of these machines would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers-
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2006, 12:37 AM
baja-chick

Default Re: Baja Motorsports - wilderness 250 / 90

Well, I purchased two Baja Wilderness 250cc Camo utility ATVs in early March 2006 from Canadian Tire. Yes, they are fairly inexpensive @ about $2999 each, less pricy then most other all-terrain-vehicles. Overall, I was pretty pleased with them. Shifts up into 5th gear & can go up to a speed of about 92 km/h, that is if you adjust the throttle screw abit. They also come equipped with mirrors but I personally like to remove them if you go on really bushy trails, other than that, I like the mirrors. Electric start, doesn't tip easily, digital screen is easy to read, reverse lever, sharp turning, tools are included in the cubbie box to the rear, front & rear cargo racks (I'm pretty sure they are removable), low & high beam head lights. This baby is pretty good if you are a hunter, but also a nice trail machine, may stall abit. If you are looking for something more sporty, theres the Baja 90cc or the Baja 250cc Sport ATV. Hope I helped you some.
-baja-chick

ps- stay away from doing doughnuts cause the tires deteareorate quickly & lose traction. If yo do them as much as I do, you'll replacing them withing a month.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1530017-product_250cc.jpg (13.4 KB, 30 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-17-2006, 08:20 PM
waterman

Default Re: Baja Motorsports - wilderness 250 / 90

i bought two of these atvs back in may and they work great.
just did the first service on them and everything was good.
Valve clearance dead on.
i was surprised at the quality you get for the price. Engine and drivetrain is identical to Yamaha Bear tracker.
any questions let me know
Old 06-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Stranger

jolam33 is on a distinguished road
Default Baja 250-U

I think that finaly you get what you pay for. My initial WD-250 was taken back by the dealer, it was defective and I was given a new unit
It was ok for the first 100 miles, after that, strange noises started coming from the transmission when in first gear.

On these two units, it was and it is very hard to shift lever into reverse in first gear. Now the machine has about 200 miles but I can not use the first gear, the clutch disengage and reengage making a terrible noise. Now I am using the Quad only starting in second gear and I do not dare trying the reverse

The service in my area is almost non-existant, I took the unit to the service dealer after making an appointment and one month later, nothing had been touched.

The Baja warrenty is for 90 days after that you are on your own
Good luck

G-J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement