Pheonix 200 problems - lugs at low end; backfires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > ATV Lounge

ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2005, 11:13 PM
MadMacks

Default Pheonix 200 problems - lugs at low end; backfires

Has anyone had problems with the Polaris Pheonix? I bought a total of four Polaris quads from my local dealer and while I'm happy with the kiddo quads and the Predator, the Pheonix just doesn't seem to run right.
Symptoms: When running at slow speeds, just above the off throttle position, the things lugs and surges terribly. At the top-end, when backing off the throttle it backfires (not your normal four-stroke pop, it backfires).

My first thought is that it's jetted lean from the factory. I haven't personally tried to fix it yet. I want the dealer to fix it.

I Took it back to the dealer and they said they fixed the backfire but there was nothing they could do for the low-end. We took the quads out this past weekend and the symptoms were the same.

I Called the dealer on Monday and he said he would contact Polaris for more info. Called the dealer again today and apparently all of the Polaris techs are in training. (All of them ????, C'mon)

Has anyone else experienced problems with this quad? Any information would be appreciated.

MadMacks
Polaris:
'05 Predator 500 TLD
K&N, White Bros. Pipe
'05 Phoenix (wife's ride, very disappointed in it)
'05 Predator 90 (1st kiddo ride)
'05 Predator 50 (2nd kiddo ride)
Honda:
'00 XR400 (when 4 wheels is just too much)
'00 XR50 w/ezrider training wheels (littlest kiddo ride)
'00 VFR Interceptor (1st commute bike) 86K miles and counting
'03 VFR Interceptor (2nd commute bike)

If you couldn't tell, I've got a bad habit :-)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Stranger

JRFries is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pheonix 200 problems - lugs at low end; backfi

Sounds like a Carb. promlem to me. Too, much fuel in the bowl, or choke is on, maybe time for a K&N Air Filter.
I am a Yamoto Dealer and last years model 150cc had the same problem with an electric choke that would stick. This years models have been repaired with a manual choke. Check out the full line of Yamoto ATVs at...
http://www.jrfriesmotorsports.com
Here is a picture of a couple I had instock last year!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement