What is a good ATV? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > ATV Lounge

ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-1999, 09:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default What is a good ATV?

Im looking for a mid sized 4 wheeler, I will be using it for just about everything. Mud, snow, rocks, dirt, pavement ect.. I want decent strengh but not something huge. Also i need it to be at a good price and well built. Let me know what you guys recomend, both 2 wheel and 4 wheel. Also is 4 wheel that big a diff?

Nick

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-1999, 12:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: What is a good ATV?

I have a 2000 Yamaha Wolverine 350. So far I love it. Like you, I ride in all conditions over various terrain. The Wolverine has good power. It is all time 4x4 but it still handles pretty good. It's ideal for work or play. I had a Blaster before that. It was really fun to ride but no good for mud rocks. Alot of guys around here ride the Honda Foremans [foremost] and Polaris'. They seem to like them. It all depends on you. I suggest you find some friends with ATV's or a good dealership that will let you ride some different models. That's the best way to see what you like. As far as the 4 wheel drive making a difference...you bet! Major improvement in pulling ability.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-07-1999, 09:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can second the motion on the 4-wheel drive. I had a polaris 250cc 2X4. I went to the new 500 Sportsman 4X4 and
I wouldn't trade this thing for any machine. I've tried hard to get it stuck and have yet to accomplish this goal! It does come in handy to pull out those who dare to follow! It's only drawback is it is not the best smooth trail speed machine. It has too much ground clearance and the center of gravity is high. It will tip if put into challenging corners. But, for off-road, rocky, mud, inclines, and all around fun machine,
I don't think it can be beat.(just my opinion)

Walleyeman

Old 12-08-1999, 09:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You cant go wrong with a Yamaha or a Honda, I favor Yamaha and have a Grizzly. My wife rides a Kodiac and I have found that it is a very capable machine. 4 wheel drive is the only way too go. Both ours has selectable 2 or 4 wheel drive, I use the 2 wheel drive when trail riding, butt when the going gets tough, the 4 wheel drive makes everything easier and safer. No 4 wheel drive is cheap, but considering the type of riding you want to do, you would never be happy with a 2 wheel drive...

Old 12-08-1999, 12:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

http://dosxxs.off-road.com/wwwthread...collapsed&sb=5
For reliability, a Honda is the best way to go.

Old 02-22-2000, 08:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I own a kawasaki lakota. Ive had it for about two months now and nothing is wrong with it. Ive taken it throught everything. Its a 300 4-stroke 2wd.
Its lighten enough if you like to jump and powerful enough to do most things.
J.T.

Old 02-23-2000, 08:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know the type of riding you must do now. Probably about the same thing as what we do in southeastern Kentucky here. I've had a 91 Kawasaki 300 4x4 which made for a good trail rider, but I seemed to be able to break stuff easily on it, I think it mostly because the way it was rode and not because it was made cheap. I now have a 94 Honda 300 4x4, this has been a nice nice ride, good power, and still easy to handle on a trail. I also have an 89 Honda 350 Foreman 4x4, good four-wheeler, love the power, just takes the area of a large parking lot to turn around in. Out of the 3 I think the Honda 300 has been the best for me.

Old 02-27-2000, 06:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

iv got a Suzuki 4x4 this is the sweetest 4 wheeler it will go through anything. it has no problems good ground clearance, right amount of power, trustworthy engine, differential gear for major traction (never get stuck on this puppy) trust me this is the best

Jay

Pat Hughes, proud owner of the largest piece of rust in the neighborhood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement