2001 warrior, what type of oil? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > ATV Lounge

ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2003, 01:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default 2001 warrior, what type of oil?

Hey guys I got a 2001 yamaha warrior, I changed the oil once already and my dealer told me to use there yamalube I forget what weight. But my question is they are such a rip off price. About $30 bucks everytime I change oil? Anyway what brands of oil/weight do you people use can i just go to like napa and get a certain type, Do i have to use Yamalube? Please let me know.....and also how often should I change oil?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2003, 10:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: 2001 warrior, what type of oil?

i don't know a lot about it but my manual for 2002 warrior just says 10w-30 (or 20w-40 for high temps etc.) it never says you have to use a certain type of oil.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-30-2003, 04:54 PM
Enthusiast

YoungGun is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I'm betting it's 10W-30. Most ATV's take 10W-30. You should be able to go down to Walmart and get the right stuff.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Pooh-Bah

300EXrider is an unknown quantity at this point

get motorcycle oil try to stay away from the automotive oil, motorcycle oil contains the right amounts of zinc and other minerals, keeping your clutch form slipping, (wet clutch) I have heard Mobile1 is the best stuff out there

I use Spectro 4 motorcycle oil 10w 40, works great, and no problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.