What's a good sport ATV for tall riders? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > ATV Lounge

ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2002, 01:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default What\'s a good sport ATV for tall riders?

I'm pretty tall, about 6'7".
I've ridden MC's all my life and now most of my friends have quads.

Anyway, what's good for the taller rider? I'd like something like the DS650 or Raptor (with a longer swingarm)
What are your thoughts?
-T
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2002, 07:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: What\'s a good sport ATV for tall riders?

Either the DS650 or Raptor, would prolly be fine for a big guy like you, or maybe even the Kawasaki KFX 700.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-21-2002, 10:29 AM
I am in the CPU

dwaters has a brilliant future at ORCdwaters has a brilliant future at ORCdwaters has a brilliant future at ORCdwaters has a brilliant future at ORCdwaters has a brilliant future at ORCdwaters has a brilliant future at ORCdwaters has a brilliant future at ORCdwaters has a brilliant future at ORCdwaters has a brilliant future at ORCdwaters has a brilliant future at ORCdwaters has a brilliant future at ORC

Most tall guys are fans of the DS650.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

between the ds and the raptor, is one more reliable or faster/smoother than the other?
I really haven't seen any comparisons of the two (online or in mags)
Any links?
I'm interested in getting the quad this month, so the kxf700 is kind of out of the question at this point. Maybe next year, if it's that good.
-T
Old 10-21-2002, 05:25 PM
Pooh-Bah

300EXrider is an unknown quantity at this point

weight?? i would look into the raptor, or if u weigh a lot or are big and really tall the get the ds650, or go check out somedealers just to sit on some quads, look for a honda yamaha, suzuki dealer, sit on the raptor, z400, 400ex and then the ds650 but bombardier dealers can be hard to find, then go out and look fo rthe used or new quad u like...kawasaki kfx 700 is def. not wut u want, a shaft drive automatic, no one wants that unless u like scramblers, but the kfx400 is the z400 but green so if u like green go with that [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2002, 06:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

650cc vs 660cc and I believe both are fairly reliable motors. The 2001 Raptors have had some tranny problems. The rotax motor in the DS650 has been reliable and there is several sources for motor mods on them. The DS650 is heavier than the Raptor so you have some weight to make up for but is also wider and more stable in stock form than a Raptor.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the helpful advice.
I'm going to do a little shopping today!
DS650.

As a former Enduro rider, these quads are awesome!
-T
Old 10-23-2002, 08:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bought the 03 DS Baja.
We shall see....

(needs taller bars, that's for sure)
-T
Old 10-23-2002, 11:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nice quad man!.... good luck [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2002, 10:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks.
It was fun riding down the back of my lifted truck...not.

That thing is heavy! (or my truck's too tall...9" lift superduty)
-T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement