Off Roading Forums banner

1300cc swift twin cam , what I need?

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  outlawmws 
#1 ·
i've found a good deal for a 1300 rebuilt twincam (motor and 413 gearbox instead of my rebuilt 410 motor and gearbox for free). and the search is out of order..

so, i think i need:

- build new motor mounts (cause i've got a SJ410, not 413)
anyone already make it?

- the 413 gearbox is supposed to bolt right on the swift?
what about the flywheel and clutch?
i've heard that i can redrill the 1300 flywheel to fit a bigger 1600 clutch, but i've heard that the 1600 clutch can't fit in the 1300 bellhousing???

- intake and exaust, what should i take?

- starter and alternator? upgrade possible?

- fuel pump? high presure i think, can i fit a injected 1300 samuraï fuel tank ?

what am i forgotting?

is it really better than a 1600 8v?

thx

See less See more
#2 ·
The 13x block that includes all 1.3 litre suzuki samurai swift/swift gti/sidekick, etc are all the same. The heads can be different. The GTI head does require its own manifold that is different. The tranny and samurai clutch stuff will bolt right up no problemo.
You might want to use the stock samurai head with a torquer cam.
I'm running the swift GTI short block with a samurai head (torquer cam, larger exhaust valves, and a mild port on the exhaust).

#4 ·
if all the 13x blocks are the same why should i built in a gti swift machine?
then it should be the same effekt when i use the head and carb/efi from the swift? - am i right?
which should bolt in and seems to be less work - compared to a complete engine swap...
and even the motornumber stays the same - so none of the cops would recognize that it is not stock...

why are you running a gti block with a samurai-header?
or is it just because you got it cheap and needed a rebuild on your stock engine?

#6 ·
They are not the same, although the blocks may be dimensionally the same. The dimension I haven't
been able to confirm is the mains on the crank. This informaiton is to the best of my belief, if someone
can confirm or correct any of this please do so, but please have a reference.

Generally, (with at least one exception...) (1.3 bore = 2.91(3) in all cases)

G13A cast crank, standard rod Sami (3.030 stroke) and Std swift/Geo (2.970 stroke)
G13B Steel crank, Standard rod Sami and std swift/ Geo Sami (3.030 stroke)
and Std swift/Geo (2.970 stroke)

G13K steel crank, Heavy duty rod, this is the GTI/GT block crank assembly (3.030 stroke). The
exception is in '89 (early?) at least, the GTI was built with blocks marked G13B, but were the
dual overhead cam (DOHC) GTI with the good crank and rods. Probably Suzuki using what was
available till new stock was available.

The GTI engine was built for high performance aplications and can take punishment that will destroy the
standard 1.3 bottom ends. Don't expect to slap on a GTI head and induction and run it to/past
GTI specs without risk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.