Off Roading Forums banner

Old days...

30K views 44 replies 33 participants last post by  supazuk 
#1 ·
Just dropped-in here. Older now & not too Zuki-active, but I sure miss the old days on this BBS. A GREAT bunch of people that I hope are doing REAL WELL these days!!! Time goes on...
All the best to ya.

Scott
(zukisuzi)

#2 ·
Ya im the same way I havent checked in here in awhile because its not that active anymore. And I do spend most of my time on my zuknation.net site now anyways but I remembered I changed my email so I stopped in to see whats posted and change my account to the new email.

#3 ·
I stop in from time to time. Still have the zuk altho its more or less a buggy now.

I wish all the forums nowadays were like it was way back then. Cant believe ive been registered on here for almost 11 years.

Hope everyone is doing well.

#4 ·
I think that a lot of us old timers stop in here from time to time. I know that I miss the easy going people that were here. I still have my beast, and it still looks like a Sammy with external roll cage on 33" boggers.

#7 ·
I still pop in from time to time... mine is still torn apart. life tooka few unexpected turns. but things are looking up. this board used t be THE best one to come to for info. met lots of cool peeps and even met a few off of here.:grin:

#11 ·
the old days...

I too pop in every so often...

kinda quiet though.

I dont get enough seat time as retirement is looming large and I have to play catch-up. I still drive the 'Toad and try to answer/help on the more active forums, though.

Here is what she looks like now:

#19 · (Edited)
Geezz... the good ol' days!! Man wouldn't it be cool to go back!??

When I was wheel'n obsessively back in the 80's and 90's, we had several Zukers in our club. You guys were THE most fun to watch on the trails.... lots of "SAP"!! (Serious Anal Pucker) most of the time because your rigs were always so tippy. But, amazingly, there were'nt many obstacles you couldn't get over. Another thing I remember was the three guys in our club were zuker-techs... they knew every bolt and nut on their zuk and were masters at mods! They were my favorite entertainment on the trails! :grin:

#21 ·
I'm still the original owner of my '94 Sammy. Busy with business, but bought a house with several acres of extreme crawling.

Finally been getting to host a Zook event in my home state, I Zook NY. This will be our 4th year. Columbus Day weekend in all the fall colors. Old timers invited, but going home with straight metal is optional.

#23 ·
OK, I will check in. Been awhile, and I didnt used to post as often as some, but its good to see some of the 'old' faces. I can see that the number of responses is low- cant seem to get any kind of response any more. Used to be this was the place to come to get help or just chat!

#24 ·
Nothing Has Changed

Strange (or maybe not, you decide) that nearly the same folks from a 2007 thread are commenting on about the same thing in this thread.

Reminds me of the old saying "old solders never die, they just fade away".

The last time I checked in was 2007. It's just not the same board as it was and too hard to find things. It seems every Suzuki product made is now in one category?

Arrg...

"Ghost town, time to close it........." June 2007

http://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/223737-ghost-town-time-close.html

Ghost town, time to close it..........uki-geo-all/223737-ghost-town-time-close.html

#25 ·
Yes! The good ole days...lol
Wow it's been a long time since I bought my Zuk....1996
Still got her just needing to take her to the next level.
Been collecting parts for about three years to upgrade her.

Take it easy guys!

Blake

#26 ·
HA!

Sooo funny...I too miss the good 'ol days. Turns out I'm getting ready to purchase some new tires for the sami seeing how GoodYear has got those bitchin looking Kevlar MTR's.

So I was doin a search on google and what pops up??? My old original post trying to decide if I should buy those Trxus mt's....hahaha!

So long story short I did, and have been running them for 7-8 yrs now and couldn't be happier. But, I am tempted by those kevlar MTR's...

Nice to read you guys again!!

#27 ·
Thought I'd bump this to the top being an "old timer" myself.

Sure miss this board, when you would show up at an event and introduce yourself by your BBS handle and not your real name...lol

Hell, now I'm running one of those events!! :shocked:

#28 ·
Wow, I use to check this place 10x or more a day.. And that was before we had Internet at our fingertips (iPhones).
I tend to pop my head in here from time to time. I sure do miss everyone and the fun times I had with all my different Zuk's!
I'm still kicking it here in Columbus Ohio working as a fireman still.. Super thanks to BillyBoB for helping me move all my crap up here back in 2002.. You are still a part of our family..your just the one that never calls or writes!! Lol. I hope you see this and are doing good!! Email me at rdracer4@hotmail.com

I always want to get another Zuk.. Just seems it keeps getting pushed back.

Anyway.. If anyone is on Facebook and remembers me.. Hit me up https://www.facebook.com/bconrad1

I miss my babies!!

We had a son 7yrs ago.. He's big into dirt bikes now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.